2016 looks impressive in terms of extended weekends. Club your leave with optional offs & get yourself a holiday. Whether you are a crazy planner or believe to be ‘in the moment’, there are a few mobile apps. that make our lives easier & our travel happier.
Here is a list of top eight mobile apps. that have helped me a great deal in my trips in India. Have a look, download them to your phone & register yourself before you pack your bags & hit the road.
1. TripAdvisor: Wherever you go, you want to have a look at Tripadvisor list of ‘things to do’ in that place. Customer Reviews & ratings are extremely helpful & saves you from disappointments if you do not have all the time in the world.
2. Makemytrip.com: Whether you like to plan in advance or take impromptu decisions, you want to use makemytrip.com to book flights/ bus rides & accommodation. I have majorly used them in booking domestic flights & they have never disappointed me.
3.Goibibo: Goibibo is another mobile app that you must have downloaded to your phone. While makemytrip solves for most of your travel rides, Goibibo helps in making bookings at discounted prices in good places. We have used Goibibo & booked a few hotels in Allepey, Kovalam & parts of Karnataka. Never disappointed.
4.GoogleMaps: Travelling would never have been easier & as adventurous as it is today if the world didn’t have Google Maps. Local or intercity, type in your destination & start the navigation. With Google Maps, you can never be lost.
Fun Fact: Sometimes Google Maps act funny & take you through the narrowest routes possible. So, watch out for that!
5. Zomato: If you love travelling, you must love food. And if you love food, you must love Zomato. Find the good restaurants in new places on Zomato & experiment with cuisines. Eat like the locals do. With Zomato, you don’t have to eat Chola Bhatura in Goa or Gol Gappas in Kerala.
6. OYO Rooms: Yes, they should be on your list too. Budget travellers, OYO rooms is the best option for you. These guys have also started with OYO premium that promises better quality of rooms. I have stayed in some of the OYO rooms. I found them okay except the one in Bangalore city where they were growing mushroom in a room. Yeah! Seriously! You know that I don’t joke. 😉
8. WhatsApp: When travelling, nothing is certain. And it’s always good to inform your near and dear ones. Drop a ping & let them know that you are safe. Or share pictures & updates and stay connected.
Let me know if you have any suggestions that can be added to this list.